Thursday, December 20, 2012

My Very First Rag Quilt

Here is my very first rag quilt.  I had a lot more pictures to post but of course I can't find them now.  This quilt I made for a little girls first birthday.  This gorgeous girls name starts with the letter A so I incorporated an A into the back of the quilt.  This was more by accident since I ran out of pink flannel and had the owl flannel already.  I was told she loved owls and pink!

I love the look of scrap quilts that really have no reason to them.  I went through my own fabric, got some free scraps from friends and also hit the remnant bin to find all the fabric for this quilt. 

I had looked around the lovely internet for some tutorials and got the general idea.  I decided for me flannel was best used for my batting.  This quilt is made of 80 - 6" squares.  Once they are sewn the finish square size was 5". 

To begin I cut a 6" square out of the front, batting (flannel) and backing.  I cut enough until I had all 80 squares cut.  I then put them all together with right sides facing out and sewed an X through each square.  Once that was all complete I laid it out to make sure I didn't have any of the same squares right next to each other.  Then all squares are sewn in a row, right sides together, so that there is a visible 1/2" seam.  After all your rows are together, start sewing your rows together.  Again you should have 1/2' seam.  This is what it looks likes after all of your squares are sewn together!

 
Here is the back with the "A"!
 
 
Now the fun part... Clip it!  I highly recommend getting spring loaded scissors for this part.  I did not for this quilt and got a little carried away with my clipping and clipped a couple seams.  This wasn't too much of an issue I just needed to resew the seam.
 
And here she is!!!!!
 
 
 

 
 
 Now I'm hooked!
 

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for loan to sort out my bills& debts, then i saw comments about Blank ATM Credit Card that can be hacked to withdraw money from any ATM machines around you . I doubted thus but decided to give it a try by contacting { cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com} they responded with their guidelines on how the card works. I was assured that the card can withdraw $5,000 instant per day & was credited with $50,000,000.00 so i requested for one & paid the delivery fee to obtain the card, after 24 hours later, i was shock to see the UPS agent in my resident with a parcel{card} i signed and went back inside and confirmed the card work's after the agent left. This is no doubts because i have the card & has made used of the card. This hackers are USA based hackers set out to help people with financial freedom!! Contact these email if you wants to get rich with this Via: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com ..    

    ReplyDelete